What is notable about this list? Aside from nothing from the Tea Party. Correct answer gets... well.. nothing. Except my praise and respect :D
Hottest 100 Of All Time 2009
* 1. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
* 2. Rage Against the Machine - Killing In The Name
* 3. Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
* 4. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
* 5. Radiohead - Paranoid Android
* 6. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
* 7. Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye
* 8. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
* 9. Foo Fighters - Everlong
* 10. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
* 11. John Lennon - Imagine
* 12. Oasis - Wonderwall
* 13. Radiohead - Creep
* 14. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
* 15. Radiohead - Karma Police
* 16. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
* 17. Hilltop Hoods - The Nosebleed Section
* 18. Muse - Knights Of Cydonia
* 19. Metallica - One
* 20. White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
* 21. Powderfinger - These Days
* 22. Massive Attack - Teardrop
* 23. Hunters & Collectors - Throw Your Arms Around Me
* 24. The Beatles - A Day in the Life
* 25. Pearl Jam - Alive
* 26. Michael Jackson - Thriller
* 27. Powderfinger - My Happiness
* 28. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
* 29. Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
* 30. Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
* 31. Metallica - Enter Sandman
* 32. New Order - Blue Monday
* 33. Silverchair - Tomorrow
* 34. The Living End - Prisoner Of Society
* 35. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
* 36. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Into My Arms
* 37. Tool - Stinkfist
* 38. The Killers - Mr Brightside
* 39. Pearl Jam - Better Man
* 40. Nirvana - Come As You Are
* 41. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
* 42. Bloc Party - Banquet
* 43. The Beach Boys - God Only Knows
* 44. The Beatles - Hey Jude
* 45. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
* 46. Faith No More - Epic
* 47. John Butler Trio - Betterman
* 48. Beastie Boys - Sabotage
* 49. Guns 'N Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
* 50. Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
* 51. Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings
* 52. You Am I - Berlin Chair
* 53. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
* 54. The Cure - Close To Me
* 55. Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
* 56. Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should Have Come Over
* 57. Tool - Forty Six & 2
* 58. Daft Punk - Around The World
* 59. Augie March - One Crowded Hour
* 60. Johnny Cash - Hurt
* 61. Blur - Song 2
* 62. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
* 63. AC/DC - Thunderstruck
* 64. Violent Femmes - Blister in the Sun
* 65. Underworld - Born Slippy
* 66. Elton John - Tiny Dancer
* 67. Ben Folds Five - Brick
* 68. Blink 182 - Dammit
* 69. Jeff Buckley - Grace
* 70. The Prodigy - Breathe
* 71. The Smiths - How Soon Is Now?
* 72. The Shins - New Slang
* 73. The Clash - London Calling
* 74. Nirvana - Lithium
* 75. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)
* 76. The Stone Roses - Fools Gold
* 77. Gotye - Hearts A Mess
* 78. Smashing Pumpkins - Today
* 79. David Bowie - Life on Mars
* 80. The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black
* 81. Pulp - Common People
* 82. System Of A Down - Chop Suey!
* 83. Placebo - Every You Every Me
* 84. Bob Marley & The Wailers - No Woman, No Cry
* 85. The Dandy Warhols - Bohemian Like You
* 86. The Beatles - Come Together
* 87. Coldplay - Yellow
* 88. The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
* 89. Rage Against the Machine - Bulls On Parade
* 90. Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire
* 91. AC/DC - Back In Black
* 92. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
* 93. Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
* 94. Modest Mouse - Float On
* 95. Stevie Wonder - Superstition
* 96. Daft Punk - One More Time
* 97. Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning
* 98. Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
* 99. TV on the Radio - Wolf Like Me
* 100. Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Of you 2 years on my friend.
I dreamed about you the other night. Man I have weird dreams!!! I dreamed that you had just died, and that we came to say goodbye to your body. You for some weird reason, resembled a baby, and not yourself, so I felt weird but pretended anyway and said bye. When I said "I am surprised you haven't punched me in the arm" (as you always did!) the baby did it and it was so you, and then I saw your face, normal and smiling and I hugged you for real, and said "I am so going to miss you, I never see you anymore, but man I am going to miss you" and then that was it, you were gone, and you turned into a puff of empty silk, and blew away.
I think my subconscious knew your anniversary was near, before my conscious registered the date. I still think about you lots. RIP, W. xx
I am exhausted. Seriously, I am dead on my feet. School holidays are killing me, one week to go, he goes back next Tuesday. That said, I am going to miss him like crazy when he is back there, and so is little RJ who seems to have established a real relationship with him having had him around so much the last 13 days (7 days to go, 7 to go people, that's 7, yes 7). But who knew a child could talk that much!? Impressive really, the way he natters on almost non stop, how can he breathe? How is this possible?
He has been sending me emails, which honestly, crack me up. They are complete nonsense half the time, which is why they are funny. For example:
(Q) What do you call a crazy mum? (A) mamma!!!!
You are... CRAZY AS A COCANUT!!!! that is why YOU'RE the
I'll give you huh!
(Q) tbhnbg nfngmhg cchncfcnhej gncnncencwmemjkmlm?
(A) a baby.
And so on, utterly insane he is. I swear he does not get it from me! Such a funny little boy, he really is joy to be around, I just wish that every so often he would take a breath! His school report for last term was pretty damn awesome too, he was so far off the chart for his reading skills he was in an entirely different level, and his maths was exceptional as well. So proud, the only areas lacking were his self confidence in terms of speaking and contributing to group discussions. It's funny how incredibly gregarious he is with family, but how reserved he is at school and how reluctant to have new experiences there he is. But, being the school it is, they play to his strengths and aid his weaknesses and encourage all the right things. Worth every penny, and there are many we give for it!
Also, I changed my mind AGAIN about where to have his rock star party, and went with the play centre. I just cannot be bothered with the pre and post cleaning and organising with RJ so unsettled lately, it just felt too much. So we'll Green Day up his invites, party bags, and outfit and he is happy with that, so much easier having activities, food, cleanup done for us. I know, I know, it's a cop-out, my excuse is a teething 7 month old... Hey, I got him tickets to the concert, thats good for something... right?!
...Dinner is in the oven and I can smell it cooking - a lamb roast with rosemary and garlic. What is better is that J is cooking it!! Delish. I even went so far as to make a lemon cheesecake for dessert.
Saturday night is make an effort night for dinner here. J and I take it in turns to cook, then we watch a DVD together.
Last week I made Greek chicken casserole -
And an entree of caramelised onion and mushroom tarts. They were divine! Recipe here.
Before that, J made steak with a mushroom sauce and vegies and so on... So he has done the roast tonight - what am I going to make next week that is a little bit different, but still simple and tasty. 2 courses, it can be either an entree and main or main and dessert, what are your tried and true yummy but a bit special dishes?