Melbourne Cup Day!

I can't gamble. I suck at it. So much so, that when I signed up for my online betting account today, I placed my bets, then had no idea how to log back in. I had to call them and get advice.. Oh yeah I am a gambler, TOTALLY.

This is the one day a year I indulge my little gambling fetish, actually, most years I don't even place real bets, I just love looking at the form guide and picking a horse each race and imagining what I could have won. Usually I am well in the red... As I said, I suck at gambling.

But the Melbourne Cup is huge in Australia. They call it the race that stops a nation, because it pretty much does, for those 10 minutes, everyone is eye on TV or ear on radio. It's exciting, you get caught up in it, then you remember you picked based on a funny name or pretty jockey colors and you realise you're not cut out for it at all...

Still, good fun. I placed a few bets, will this be my year?!

ETA: So I won my money back. Coulda been worse than even... It'll do!

2 comments:

Vicki 3 November 2009 at 6:53 pm  

FWIW Kell, I tripped the kids up to the TAB for my one bet a year too. Got a mystery club bet or whatever it's called. I got 3rd and 2nd last and tenth lol

So I suck too. :D

Teneal 3 November 2009 at 10:31 pm  

I have never bet at the TAB because I have no idea how! I won the office sweep though, wooo!