Sometimes, I must get it right.

F bear and I just went on our daily trip to the letterbox. Yes, that was the excitement at our place today, mail time. And there wasn't even any mail. I (as usual) am getting away from my point!!!

Finn turns to me and says: "Race you back!" and takes off, and I, RJ stuck to my hip, tickle his back the whole way. He runs back inside, and I stop to grab some bread from the garage freezer on my way in. When I come in he is busy arranging his wooden alphabet letters.

"Don't look at what I am writing!!" he says gleefully, so I take the bread into the kitchen and faff about a bit.

"Okay! Come and see now. This is what you are Mama!" he announces.

As I wander over, I say, "Ohhkayyyy but if it says 'the loser' I might cryyyy" (and believe me, F is capable of that one, especially when he is channeling the cheekiness of his father; the joy those two get tormenting me is just evil!)
I walk over, and this is what he has arranged:


I swear to god, I almost burst into tears. I definitely welled up. My life is simple, I don't really achieve great things, but to one little boy, I am a hero.

What else could I ever possibly want???

8 comments:

Maura 23 September 2009 at 3:21 pm  

That is SO beautiful. It has to be an amazing feeling.

I love your new design, btw!

Emma 23 September 2009 at 4:18 pm  

Aww talk about melting a Mama's heart! Bless him, he's such a gorgeous boy.

Unknown 23 September 2009 at 9:04 pm  

How gorgeous!

Vicki 24 September 2009 at 12:33 pm  

That would have to be the cutest thing I've read all day. Way to make a girl's heart melt Finn!

Mike/KD6FTR 29 September 2009 at 4:35 am  

Awesome! Sometimes our children get it LONG before we teach them...

Unknown 30 September 2009 at 6:24 pm  

Adorable. Wow. I got nothing.

Al_Pal 3 October 2009 at 7:30 pm  

Gah. That is the cutest, most wonderful thing ever. ♥
Love.

Kylez..aka...Mrs.P! 4 October 2009 at 8:03 pm  

Now that is why you have kids! So sweet!