Recommend me a book...

I am almost out of reading matter, this is a dangerous place for a book nerd to be. Please recommend me something to read. I will read almost anything if its a good enough tale! Fiction or non fiction, all welcome...

I am just finishing the Twilight series, I wanted to know what the fuss is about, I enjoyed the story, sort of, but its crap writing (IMO!) and the protagonists are mostly pains in the arse. But, I gave it a go, see what the fuss was, but.. meh.

I have just ordered The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne, one I have been wanting to read for aaaaages. Movies make me read as I refuse to see movies if I have not read the book first, the book is always better.

So what are you reading and whats the review? Help me out!

5 comments:

Amelia 22 May 2009 at 12:21 pm  

Hey, I love "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert (for something inspirational), "the bronze horseman" by paullina Simons (for a love story). Both books I could not put down!

April @ Composed by April 22 May 2009 at 1:37 pm  

I am currently reading 'Still Alice' by Lisa Genova. It is about a woman who is diagnosed with Alzheimer's whilst she is still quite young, and struggles to cope with the identity change.

It is quite an interesting read

FeistyKel 22 May 2009 at 1:39 pm  

I will have to look up the Elizabeth Gilbert one, what is it about Amelia?

April I saw that and thought it sounded good, it is on my wishlist!

Claire 22 May 2009 at 2:37 pm  

My all time favourite book is "The damage done" By Warren Fellows.
Not sure if it is your cup of tea but I really enjoyed it.

Otherwise any book by Lorenzo Carcaterra.

Let me know if you decide to read any of the above.

Unknown 24 May 2009 at 8:51 am  

Have you read any Jasper Fforde? It's silly but very clever writing. Either the series that starts with The Eyre Affair (5 books and counting) or The Big Over Easy (2 so far) are well worth a read and will be fully appreciated by one well versed in the classics.

Louisa Squeaza