Body art - help!

Over the years I have given vague thought to inking myself up, but have never truly been keen and never really pursued the thought beyond vague ideas. But the one tattoo I did consider has grown and grown on me and I suddenly have a very strong desire to get it done.

I want it on my inner right wrist, and perhaps unsurprisingly given my bloggyness, I want it to be a cherry blossom branch, with either the word Natsukashii, the kanji for natsukashii or both.

These are designs of cherry blossom tatts I do like:

first design

second design

third design

(My finalised and inked tattoo can be seen here )

Only obviously smaller and wrist appropriate! You can read about my fascination with cherry blossoms and the word natuskashii in my blog entry from way back HERE. I had forgotten that even then the tattoo idea was brewing, well, you can't say I have not given it due thought!

If you can design art and want to have a go at a tatt design for me, PLEASE do so, but don't be offended if I don't ink it, it has to be perfect!!!

4 comments:

Grayci 15 May 2009 at 9:47 am  

Ooh sounds lovely Kell. I want a cherry blossom branch too - but I can't decide where.

I like #2 design out of those 3 but its so hard cos there are so many variations of cherry blossoms. Hope you find the perfect one for you!

(this is Gretchen BTW)

katie 15 May 2009 at 2:45 pm  

the third one is beautiful but i think the second is the most wrist-appropriate!

JD 18 May 2009 at 7:44 pm  

Ohh, do it! My wrist tattoo would have to be my favourite, I'm considering getting the other done.

Anita 22 June 2009 at 11:27 am  

The third is my favourite style; though I wonder at how you'd do a branch on your wrist, it might look like the branch is coming out of nowhere? Would you consider cherry blossoms without a branch?